- Product range
- Colour chart
"Versus" wood bark
The VERSUS (Latin for a “furrow”) technique allows us to achieve an attractive appearance of a fancy surface with equally placed longitudinal (transverse) furrows which are filled with Marmorin or JUB Décor Glamour.
The appearance can also be compared with the appearance of wood bark or time patina on wooden surfaces which is caused by weather conditions.
Preparation and manufacturing
Preparation of surface
- Applying an undercoat: the surface should be dry, solid, without any oil stains and similar impurities. Ensure colour equality of the surface and apply an undercoat, if necessary, to achieve a uniform colour tone of the surface. Use white paint.
- Smoothing the surface: with Jubolin filler (Jubolin, P25 or P50) using a stainless smoothing trowel.
- Sanding the surface: removing dust particles by hoovering or a fine brush.
- Impregnation: with Akril emulsion (1:1).
Application of Marmorin
With a stainless smoothing trowel. Coat thickness ~2-3 mm. Coat width should be approximately 0.5 m.
Manufacture of Marmorin structure
With a decorative brush. Begin at the far left edge and proceed towards the original application. Drag the decorative brush across the surface in the desired direction with an overlap between strokes. A stroke should be made continuously from end to end. When Marmorin starts to accumulate between plastic bristles, clean them with water and let them dry.
JUB Décor Glamour coating
With a brush longways towards the original application.
Smooth application growths that are standing out with a smoothing trowel when Glamour is still wet. The angle between the smoothing trowel and the surface should exceed 45ş. Instead of Glamour, you can also use an adequate shade of Marmorin which you apply with a smoothing trowel.
Tools and material
- Decorative brush
- Stainless rounded smoothing trowel
- Stainless trowel
- Synthetic fabric - polypropylene
- JUB Decor Glamour
- Marmorin emulsion
- JUPOL Gold
- Akril emulsion
- Jubolin filler (P25, P50)