- Product range
- Colour chart
- Colour chart JUB Favourite feelings
- Colour chart JUB
- Color of the Year 2020
- Colour trends 2017
- Colour trends 2016
- Colour trends 2015
- Colour trends 2014
"Mica" the appearance of fine longitudinal furrows
The MICA technique allows us to achieve the appearance of fine longitudinal furrows which seem very delicate on the surface. Despite of that, the material is very durable and is thus suitable also for more exposed wall surfaces.
The name of the technique is derived from the Latin “micare,” which means a small part, especially a fragment, which is also indicated by the final appearance of this decorative technique.
Preparation and manufacturing
Preparation of surface
- Applying an undercoat: the surface should be dry, solid, without any oil stains and similar impurities. Ensure colour equality of the surface and apply an undercoat, if necessary, to achieve a uniform colour tone of the surface. Use white paint.
- Smoothing the surface: with Jubolin filler (Jubolin, P25 or P50) using a stainless smoothing trowel.
- Sanding the surface: removing dust particles by hoovering or a fine brush.
- Impregnation: with Akril emulsion (1:1).
Painting the surface
Surface should be dry, solid, without any oil stains and similar impurities. JUPOL Brilliant may be applied white or, if desired, in a colour combination of this paint undercoat and of Artcolor (more demanding).
Application of Artcolor with a roller
Artcolor is applied by the first worker and the size of the processed surface is 0.5 m. Coat thickness is ~0.5- 1 mm. Artcolor must not dry up until the second worker forms the pattern structure.
Forming the structure
The second worker forms the pattern structure immediately with vertical strokes using a decorative brush. After each finished stroke with the brush, it should be emptied by whipping so that the new stroke is begun with an empty decorative brush.
Tools and material
- Ordinary roller
- Stainless smoothing trowel
- Decorative brush
- Akril emulsion
- Jubolin filler (P25, P50)
- JUPOL Brilliant