- Product range
- Colour chart
- JUB TV
- Send us your inquiry or question
- Store locator
"Classic" the appearance of finely blurred lines
The CLASSIC technique allows us to achieve the appearance of finely blurred lines which form a gentle pattern. The pattern blends softly and with less sharp lines; we thus achieve a sense of depth.
The appearance that is currently interesting and modern is the appearance of raw concrete which can be conjured up using a palette of grey tones of Marmorin.
Preparation and manufacturing
Preparation of surface
- Applying an undercoat: the surface should be dry, solid, without any oil stains and similar impurities. Ensure colour equality of the surface and apply an undercoat, if necessary, to achieve a uniform colour tone of the surface. Use white paint.
- Smoothing the surface: with Jubolin filler (Jubolin, P25 or P50) using a stainless smoothing trowel.
- Sanding the surface: removing dust particles by hoovering or a fine brush.
- Impregnation: with Akril emulsion (1:1).
Application of Marmorin
With a stainless smoothing trowel. Coat thickness ~0.1-0.5 mm. Coat surface should be approximately 0.5-1 m˛. Apply the material onto the surface in a relatively thin coat. Spread Marmorin across the surface with a smoothing trowel “moving” it towards the edges in a very thin application. Thus we achieve fusing in the case of which overlapping between applications is less noticeable and the passages softer. Pattern structure is not yet distinct after the first application.
Application of Marmorin - second application
Follow the same pattern as with the first application
Final application of MARMORIN
Apply Marmorin by pressing the smoothing trowel more strongly against the surface; thus, simultaneously with the application, the final smoothing of the surface is also achieved. Subsequent smoothing with a rounded smoothing trowel is not necessary since we create a partly glossy surface through which we locally get the feeling of depth and, at the same time, the fanciness of the surface. You can also achieve the surface to shine by subsequently smoothing the dry surface. Gloss will be very intense since the entire surface is substantially smooth and flat, which contributes to creating the sense of depth.
Select Marmorin emulsion coating as the final protection of the surface. Apply onto the completely dry Marmorin the following day with a synthetic cloth. It is recommended to apply 2 coats of Marmorin emulsion for complete protection. If you wish to get distinct gloss, polish the surface with a synthetic cloth until shine is achieved.
Tools and material
- Stainless trowel
- PP cloth
- Stainless rounded smoothing trowel
- JUPOL Gold
- Jubolin filler (P25, P50)
- Marmorin emulsion
- Akril emulsion