- Product range
- Colour chart
- JUB TV
- Send us your inquiry or question
- Store locator
DECOR Travertino decoral - videz opeke
The Travertino decoral technique helps us achieve the appearance of brick that takes us back to the past. By applying this technique, one can create the balance between the old and new decor.
Technique Travertino Decoral
Preparation and application process
- The substrate should be slightly rough, dry and clean, without any badly adhered particles, dust, salts that are easily soluble in water, greasy coatings and other dirt.
The application of the technique
1. Prepare the mixture by mixing a bag of DECOR Decoral into 4.7 - 5.3 l of water. After 10 minutes, stir the compound again, and, if necessary, add a little water.
2. Using a smoothing trowel, apply the compound to the treated surface (application size 6 m2) in thickness of the largest grain in the compound.
3. Create on the still fresh application using a decorative brush the appearance of holes that should not exceed 1/3 of the entire surface. This is done in horizontally wavy passages. Then coat the entire surface gently with a DECOR Travertin roller.
4. When the material is partially "tightened", level it with a stainless smoothing trowel while ensuring that not too many holes are filled.
5. When the surface is touch dry and, at the same time, still soft, form a pattern of stone blocks by "cutting" into the surface of DECOR Decoral. Make vertical and horizontal lines with the help of a levelling moulding and a notch tool.
6. Smooth the surface gently and carefully with a stainless smoothing trowel. Deepen and correct the notches of the pattern.
7. Apply DECOR Antique with a wide brush in the selected shade; dilute it with water up to 10% for the first application and up to 5% for the second application.
Tools and material
- A roller
- A stainless smoothing trowel
- A stainless rounded smoothing trowel
- A wide brush
- A levelling moulding
- A notch tool (it can also be a screwdriver)
- A DECOR brush
- A DECOR Travertin roller
- DECOR Decoral
- SILICATE Primer
- DECOR Antique